Fantastic response, and how to help win, Equal Rights of Appeal
We’ve had a fantastic response to our Equal Rights of Appeal campaign launch! People have been talking and sharing on social media and we’ve had a surge of emails and comments in support. It’s great! At the bottom of this post there’s more you can do to help us demonstrate strong support from a lot of people.
Our petition to the Scottish Parliament is now published and being shared by Holyrood’s petitions committee.
— Petitions Committee (@SP_Petitions) September 3, 2014
Supporters have been sharing the campaign and voicing their support. Here’s a small selection of people and organisations talking about the need for Equal Rights of Appeal.
— FoE Scotland (@FoEScot) September 5, 2014
The following day a controversial planning application in Edinburgh was granted contrary to the local plan, the local community, local councilors, local MSPs and the local MP’s wishes. More people understood firsthand the need for Equal Rights of Appeal.
Lots of people have been asking us: what can we do to help?
It would be:
- Great: if you contact others who might be interested and tell them about Equal Rights of Appeal (this is the start of a campaign that will need a LOT of support, the more people taking action the better)
- Fab: if you sign up to our email updates to keep up with the campaign (there will be several stages to it and we will need your help at each stage). The sign-up box is at the top left of every webpage.
- Helpful: if you write to your MSP telling her or him you support an Equal Right of Appeal and our petition. (You can email MSPs using www.writetothem.com)
- Brilliant: if you have been affected by a development or planning issue and can write to your MSP telling them about it (and let us know too!)
- Awesome: if you let us know about a particular circumstance where having a right of appeal would have made a difference to your community (we need more case studies to help make our point)