We need people power to get Equal Rights of Appeal. You can help
5 things you can do to support Planning Democracy’s campaign for Equal Rights of Appeal
1. Send your elected representatives an ERA postcard.
Everyone in Scotland has 8 MSPs representing them (your constituent MSP and your regional MSPs). Send all of them an ERA postcard. Find out who they are here. Contact us and we will send postcards to you the next day. Send us your address through our enquiry page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your MSP responds, let us know what they say.
2. Write to or visit your MSP and local councillors asking them to support the campaign:
You can draft a short letter to your MSP. Here is a helpful guide of what to say. If you don’t know already you can find out how to contact your MSPs or local councillors here. (You will need your postcode). Please let us know if they write back. Email us on email@example.com to tell us if they are supportive or not.
3. Sign up as an ERA champion:
If you sign up as an ERA champion we will provide the information and materials you need about Equal Rights of Appeal. Our ERA champions help us to spread the word by organising meetings that we can come and speak at, telling people about ERA.
4. Become a Planning Democracy supporter. Sign up as an individual supporter.
5. Get your community council/ local community or campaign group to sign up as an official supporter
Explain the campaign to your local group and ask them to send us a formal letter of support for our campaign. We will gather these and do our best to make the collective voice heard. Letters can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org