Fantastic news! Planning Democracy are holding another conference.
This year’s theme is People Powered Planning: Putting Communities on the Front Foot.
Saturday May 11th 10-4.30pm Trade’s Hall Glasgow G1 1UH
If you want to
- find out how different communities have used a variety of methods, tactics and opportunities to address planning issues
- meet other people and exchange experience and knowledge
- find out more about our peer support network and meet potential mentors
- get updated on the planning bill and find out what communities stand to gain
- join forces to create a louder voice for communities in planning
- work with Planning Democracy to campaign for a fairer planning system
- learn more about how planning works
- attend workshops with experts on a variety of topics from wildlife and planning, development planning and appeals, community acquisition, judicial reviews, environmental law and neoliberalism in planning
then you should book here right now.
The conference will bring together people from all over Scotland and give you information about how to get the most from planning, how to use what you can, what to avoid, as well as the different opportunities outwith planning such as land reform and community empowerment acts that may help strengthen community influence.
We will also be trying to tackle some of the bigger thorny issues such as how planning, civic life and culture are affected by the drive for economic growth and commodified market driven ways of living.
In our experience most conferences about planning lack a strong community voice – something we have worked hard to change, but this conference will be different, because we put people and communities at the front and centre of it. It is affordable and aimed at your addressing your interests and concerns.
We are in the final stages of the planning bill, many of you have worked together with us on this for 4 years and we have grown in strength and voice. But there is much to be done to change the attitudes, culture and approach to the way planning is done. Changing the legislation is only one way to tackle the problems many of you face, but after that there will be new ways, new projects and ideas to get the planning system we want and need so badly. We will start to explore where we go next at this event.
At our last conference in 2015 people told us that they left feeling very upbeat, they had made friends and connections and learnt a lot.
“I just wanted to thank you for an excellent, thought provoking, conference on Saturday. Excellent presentations and workshops and an amazing turnout”.
“So glad I didn’t have a lie-in, and I was sorely tempted. Yes, an excellent information and knowledge sharing event”
“I met so many new people and exchanged contact details. I hope to keep in touch”
“The conference yesterday was very inspiring and well organised. It was good to meet some of the people involved. I will keep in touch with Planning Democracy and help where I can”
“I really enjoyed it and thought it was a great event”
“Excellent conference – congratulations.”
We think this conference can be as successful as the last. Come along and make it happen.
See here for more details on speakers and workshops
Book here for your place NOW!